The Indian Association Berne (IAB) was founded on the 15th june 1972 at Hotel National in Berne (in accordance with Art. 60 to 79 of the Swiss Civil Code by the initiative of a few Indians,
living that time in Berne and its agglomeration.
Its aims of the Indian Association Berne are
- The IAB is a non-profit organisation, above all differences based on politics or language, region or religion, race or caste, creed or faith, sex or age.
- to develop closer relations amongst Indians
- to foster mutual understanding between the Indians, the Swiss and other Nationals.
The Ambassador of India in Switzerland is the patron of the IAB.
The Organs of the IAB are
The General Body (GB) - The GB consists of Honorary Members, individual members and representatives of Collective Members. Junior Members above 18 years of age at the
beginning of the current year may attend the GB meeting. Within the framework of this constitution, the GB is the ultimate decision making authority on all matters relating to IAB.
The Executive Commitee (EC) - The current EC is as follows.
- Surinder G. Verma (President)
- Christel Suter (Secretary)
- Priscilla Ott (Treasurer)
- Navinchandra Patel (EC Member)
- Harwinder Singh (EC Member)
- Hardip Singh (EC Member)
The Auditors - The Auditors shall check the annual accounts and financial transactions and give a report in writing to the EC for the distribution to the members. The current
- Subhash Patil
- Nanda Dey (Standby)
05th May 2019 17.30-20.00
Treffpunkt Wittigkofen, Bern